• Critical components are reaching the end of their economic service life
• Your production demands are increasing
• Your application has changed
• Statutory requirements have changed
• Costs and time spent maintaining your aged crane are rising
• You are considering replacing your crane
If you’re considering whether a modernization is a valid option, you need a tool to help make decisions about the future use of your cranes. A Crane Reliability Study is an engineering assessment that evaluates the current condition of your crane and provides a theoretical estimate of its remaining design life and recommendations for next steps.
Modernisations can provide a complete transformation of your existing crane as an alternative to replacing it. Modernisations can also give you an opportunity to add current technologies. Common modernisations include replacing hoists, trolleys, operator cabs and controls to achieve increased capacity, speed, duty and load control.
“Konecranes provided us with a much safer way to run our cranes. We have gained in productivity, safety, and we’ve had no inspection or detection problems since we’ve done this work. There have also been no repairs whatsoever. In the long run, this modernisation is going to save us a lot of money. And when it comes to safety, we can’t put a price on it. That’s priceless.”
Operations and Quality Manager, AM Castle Metals